Saturday, October 29, 2011

Book Worm is an Understatement!

This evening Kimball and I worked together to make up his bed with clean sheets. Since has a full sized loft bed, I sent him up top and asked him first to pass down to me anything that wasn't bedding. I expected five or six books, but here is what I got:

  • Ivanhoe
  • 2 Roald Dahl books
  • Leven Thumps volumes 1, 2, and 4
  • The Bronze Bow
  • 2 Star Wars Cookbooks
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • 3 library books about magic (for his Halloween costume)
  • The Book of Think
  • Obessessed with Star Wars
  • A Star Wars Fandex
  • The most recent issue of Lego Magazine
  • A take out menu to our favorite sushi place (the kind with photos of all the sushi rolls)
  • Canterbury Tales (A kid's version)
  • Much Ado About Nothing (The Shakespeare Can Be Fun series)
  • Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites
  • a Kindle guide (yes, all these books, AND he owns a Kindle!)
  • The Time Travelers
  • 3 chapter books for 2nd graders that I'd checked out for Ian
  • 4 picture books he'd swiped from his younger siblings' bookcases
By the time he passed down the tenth book I was laughing, but by the time we got all of them down, we were both hysterical. That's 26 books, a magazine, a fandex, a users' guide, and a menu! Perhaps we need to change his bedding more often!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Knowing Kimball, this is not shocking. But how on earth does he comfortably sleep with that many things on his bed? :)

angelj44 said...

Very cute! My kids have a lot of books in their beds but never 26; WOW!

April said...

I second Ashley, how in the world does he sleep comfortably with 26 books in his bed? His books say a lot about him....what a cool kid.